Discovery: Haiku Deck
I’ve been hearing a lot about Haiku Deck from other educators. I decided to give it a whirl for this project to test it’s capabilities and limitations. I used the online beta version that I had applied for a week or so ago. I’ll be interested in seeing how it works on my iPad.
- I love the ease of adding Creative Commons images. It’s all right in one place! No need to go back and forth between sites, downloading and uploading, etc.
- Powerful image + few words = dynamic presentation.
- Where is the “undo” button?! I changed images a couple of times and then lost the image that really fit the idea I was looking for.
- Few words. This one is a plus and a minus. Really had to condense my thoughts. Not necessarily the best for a solo/no-talk presentation.
- Lacking the ability to manipulate font sizes.
- Difficult to put a single quote up as it usually went over the word count.
Bottom Line: Definitely using it again! Definitely sharing it with friends and colleagues!